On Thursday, 23 May, I went to the STEM breakfast in our school. Ms. Rocco hosted the breakfast and introduced the students who came from Adelaide University.

I talked to four female students who are majoring in mathematics, medicine, computer science, and other science majors.

Because I am interested in computer science, they told me many things about the computer science degree through their own experience and what they had heard.

Kayla Schinella, who is currently doing the Bachelor of Computer Science (advanced), elaborated on the study content and the experience of being a computer science student and described the workshops they do every week and the tasks they do for participant points.

Other university students told me about life at university and gave me many suggestions about making friends at university, for example, joining clubs such as Math Society.

The conversation with them extend my knowledge about university life and makes me look forward to going to university. This breakfast also gave me the chance of gaining more understanding of the university courses and incentive to follow my interests.

The Year 10, 11 and 12 girls appreciated this breakfast and thank Ms. Rocco for organising the event.

Written Katniss Zhang

Student Representative for the Digital Technology Committee

STEM Breakfast
Tagged on: